We’re looking for exciting young dancers for this year’s pantomime, Aladdin.
This is your chance to be part of Nottingham’s famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry and Director Kenneth Alan Taylor.
Nottingham Playhouse will be holding open auditions in order to select two teams of eight children to appear onstage as chorus/dancers.
To avoid disappointment please check that you fulfil the requirements below; especially your age, or you will not get a licence.
1) To be aged between 12 (on or before 26/11/16) and 15 years (16th Birthday to be on or after 22/1/17).
2) As a guideline to be of Grade Three standard in dance. You need to be able to tap dance.
3) It would be useful to have some basic acrobatics, but not compulsory.
4) To be able to respond quickly and accurately to the instructions from the choreographer.
5) To be available for fittings after school in the week beginning 18th July and during September and October, for rehearsals from 1st November – 18th November as required, for technical rehearsals from 21st – 25th November, and for performing between 25th November until 21st January 2017 according to a rota which will be available during the rehearsal period.
Please note that due to the licensing rules the dancers will not be able to swap performances with their double in the other team.
There will be no payment for appearing as chorus/dancers in this production, but travel expenses can be claimed per day for rehearsals and shows (£3.50 per day). You will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the theatre.
Auditions are on Sunday 11th September 2016 from 12pm at College Street Centre for the Performing Arts (just up from Nottingham Playhouse). The audition will last for approximately 45 minutes during which time you will be taught a couple of routines.
You will need to bring ballet shoes, jazz shoes, tap shoes and appropriate dance wear. A choice will be made that evening, so measurements will be taken after the auditions are complete.
Please contact our Company and Stage Manager Jane Eliot-Webb on 0115 9474361 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.