WHAT IS A DEMENTIA FRIENDLY PERFORMANCE?
This performance is carefully tailored for people with dementia and their families or carers so that everyone can enjoy this musical comedy in an environment that is comfortable and supportive.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE WAYS THIS PERFORMANCE IS DEMENTIA FRIENDLY:
• The volume of music will be reduced when dialogue is taking place.
• Changing seats during the performance is fine and so is leaving the performance and re-entering.
• This is not a schools performance, so the audience will be quieter.
• There will be additional signage with pictures in the foyers.
• There will be a quiet room, before after and during the show.
• There will be more staff on hand to support.
• A very relaxed attitude to moving around the theatre and making noise.
UPCOMING DEMENTIA-FRIENDLY PERFORMANCES
Thursday 17 January 2019 at 1pm: Find out more
Thursday 9 January 2020, 1pm: Find out more:
Save up to 20% on tickets when booking as a group of 10 or more. To discuss options for your group, call our friendly Box Office team on 0115 941 9419.
ARE YOU A CHARITY?
The Nottingham Playhouse HotHouse scheme offers £7 tickets to charities and community groups, helping individuals to access the theatre more easily. To find out if your organisation is eligible contact Rebecca on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrons who require an assisting companion for their visit will receive the second ticket for free. Book groups and wheelchair spaces/transfers via Box Office on 0115 941 9419.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding familiarisation visits, wheelchair access and disabled parking, all you need to do is email email@example.com.
There is level access to enter the theatre and a lift providing access to all levels of the theatre from the Box Office foyer. There is access to the auditorium from the lower foyer and via East Circus Street. We can accommodate wheelchair users on row M of the main auditorium.
There are 3 accessible toilets at the Playhouse, available on the ground floor, stalls and circle levels.
There are parking spaces available to Blue Badge Holders on North Circus Street/East Circus Street. Find out more.